Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. *Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Friday 22 June 2007

.:Hugs:.

In those desperate times where tears and sadness attach to us, or when we are cold, or just because; there is nothing better than a hug. An action as simple as it is that expresses love, consideration, friendship, protection, warmth; endless meanings.
I wonder; how would the world be if hugs did not exist? Well, we would still have pats in the back, and kisses, and holding hands, and talking, etc…. But no hugs, none what so ever? You can not imagine it. Hugs can mean and express almost anything, from sympathy to sensitivity. They can cheer you up; they can give you strength, warmth, a place that is incomparable.
So why in earth are people throwing them away? Not appreciating their significance? Who knows…? But a thing I am completely sure off, is that no matter how cold, expressionless, shy, careless we are, we will always surrender to a hug!

I leave you with a video that made me think of this. Hope you appreciate it as I did!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't figure out what my life would be like without hugs.
The proof of their importance is that they are everywhere! There are plenty of situations where people hug eachother, such us birthdays. But you also hug a someone when he or she is feeling down, when you meet with a person you haven't seen for a while, in a way of congratulating somebody when he or she achieves something, when a friend or a relative is getting married and so many other examples I would just never finish writing.
The point is I really don't know what I would do without hugs!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hugging me everytime that I needed!! =)

Val said...

Tokkkyyyy!!!! Hey girl! How are you doing out there in Peru?! I hope grrreeat! I'm here, completely into art IB and reading 100 Years of Solitude (great!) Also I have a meeting every single day! If it is not for the presentation of the School Week, it's for Club Colegial, and always at 5, or 6... what cuts my afternoon! As you can see, I couldn't start tennis yet because of that!! =@ But I think that School Week will pass quickly, and then we will be depressed because of that! =)

So you've adopted a pet from bunnyhero too! jeje! it's cute! And the other gadget you put up there... it's great!! It kept me entertained for a long time!! =P jaja!

Hugs... I consider they're just great! It's not a kiss, it's not a shake of hands, a pat on the back... it's a hug!!
Let me share two fragments here... they are from the book "Chocolate caliente para el alma" and I love the fragments as well as the book!! ;)

"Necesitamos cuatro abrazos diarios para sobrevivir. Necesitamos ocho abrazos diarios para mantenernos. Necesitamos doce abrazos diarios para crecer" Virginia Satir.

“El abrazo es saludable. Ayuda al sistema inmune del cuerpo, nos mantiene más sanos, cura la depresión, reduce el estrés, induce el sueño, es fortalecedor, es rejuvenecedor, no tiene efectos secundarios desagradables. El abrazo es nada más ni nada menos que una medicina milagrosa.
El abrazo es absolutamente natural. Es orgánico, dulce, sin pesticidas, sin conservadores, sin ingredientes artificiales y ciento por ciento integral.
El abrazo es prácticamente perfecto. No se desarma, no tiene baterías que se descarguen, no necesita controles periódicos, tiene bajo consumo de energía, produce mucho vigor, es a prueba de inflación, no engorda, no tiene cuotas mensuales ni requisitos de seguro, es a prueba de robo, no imponible, no contamina y, por supuesto, es totalmente reciclable” Fuente desconocida


See you Valemééééé! Hope you're having a great time!! Love yoooouuuuuu!!!!