Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. *Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Sunday 12 August 2007

.:My Old Friend Rae:.

My mom was cleaning all the archives and folders we have and while doing so she came across my english book from Australia 2003. She gave it to me and I started glancing at the past and came to find a poem I had written back then for school; it brought back really good memories and specially of school. The poem is not inspired in something that happened to me, it was just a seek through my imagination.However, it has a double meaning that I can relate now to what I was going through back then; the loss of valuable and treasurous things for me.

The Poem goes like this:

My old friend Rae

On the seventh of May
My old friend, named Rae
Contacted me
And we met beside the lake

I found out with a start
She had a problem with her heart
So I tried to support her
But nothing did help her very much

I went to the doctor
And asked him
What can I do!?
The answer he gave me broke my heart in two

So I waited and waited
Until the day came
When finally my old friend Rae
Slowly faded away

In the following days
I missed her so much
That I cried and prayed
For her soul far away

1 comment:

Chipi said...

I must say that i really love what you've done with your ''cyber-universe''.
It's kind of an..international blog.
Everything sounds better when the english comes around