Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. *Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Sunday 22 April 2007

.:Deceiving Eyes:.

In my eyes I see
Who I am,
And what I wanna be.

In my eyes,
I a good person
And them great, mysteriuos.

In their eyes,
No good comes at all
When looking at this abstract thing.

In their eyes,
I paint a picture
That is no Van Gogh.

So then I wonder,
Are my eyes wrong?
Or do theirs interpret what I am not?

Whose eyes should I believe?
Should I combine both?
Or should I not see at all?

2 comments:

CAL said...

Wow! I love it, Vale! When I ask for selections of your blog, please bring this poem to class!

Val said...

You made me remember of a song that says: "Whose eyes am I behind? I don't recogize anything that I see" or then "I don't see myself when I look in your eyes. I see who I should be". Telling about all the presion that society might do in someone's real way of being...
Great poem!!!!