Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. *Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Monday 30 April 2007

.:Up and Down:.

Up and down,
Like a rollercoaster ride.
One day up,
The other down.

Hey! I seem to be ok!
Such a pretty day!
Oh! Just threw it all!
Clouds black, there was no sun!

There goes the swing,
Up and down.
Fighting all the way up,
Suddenly I’m back on the ground!

I wanna fly!
And reach the sky!
You fool!
Don’t you know the gravitational rule?

So what I do?
When I’m up
I fall back down,
As if I had soap on my feet.

It just takes time
To go back up.
And once you’re there,
You may fall again.

But keep in mind,
Though up and down,
Ain’t nobody
Keeping you on the ground.

2 comments:

Val said...

Great great great!!!
I'm amazed ValeMé!!!! I never imagined you wrote this good!! This poem is tocuhing too and I feel identified with it!! Really! I think it's part of adolescence to be up there flying, ("we're soring, flying there's not a star in Heaven that we can't reach..." go High School Musical!!! =P) and in a second everything vanishes, the cloud that we were standing on has broken up and we are again on the floor, trying to survive. Your characteristic crazyness is present in the poem, so Vale, congratulations!!! Great poem! I love it!!!
You should go through my blog once in a while heehhh??? =D
Kissessssss

CAL said...

Love it, Vale!